Transient Enrollment/Cross Enrollment

A transient student form is used when a student wishes to take courses at an institution outside of the University of South Florida System. Students wishing to take courses at public institutions in Florida must complete the Transient Form online at This form can be used to request approval for courses taken as cross enrollment (enrollment at USFSM and the other institutions) or transient enrollment (courses taken only at another institution). Once the form is completed, it will be automatically sent within three business days to your advisor/college office and to the Office of the Registrar. The form is typically reviewed within 24-48 hours.

Students interested in taking courses at a private or out-of-state institution must complete the Transient Form.


  1. Complete the Transient Student Admission Application form.
  2. Your academic advisor/college office will be notified of the transient enrollment request.
  3. Your College will authorize or not authorize your enrollment request. This decision is then electronically submitted to the Registrar’s Office (USF Regional Records Office) for certification.
    1. If your enrollment request is approved, the Records Office of The Registrar will certify your academic status and forward the transient request electronically to the receiving institution. Check with the receiving institution to determine if additional paperwork is required.
    2. If the transient enrollment form is not approved by USFSM, no financial aid will be disbursed. Depending on procedures at the other institutions, a student may or may not be able to enroll in courses utilizing his/her own resources.
  4. When you receive notification that the transient request has been approved, print a copy of the completed form. If you are a financial aid or scholarship recipient, connect to University Scholarships & Financial Aid Services to download and print the appropriate financial aid request form. Take a copy of the completed and approved Transient Student form as well as the completed financial aid request form to the Office of Student Services Financial Aid Office (SMC-C107), to determine if your scholarship or financial aid can be used at the other institution.
  5. Upon completion of classes, university regulations require that you request an official copy of your transcript be sent to
    University of South Florida Sarasota Manatee
    Office of Undergraduate Admissions
    8350 N. Tamiami Trail, SMCC107
    Sarasota, Florida 34243
  6. You may ask that the transcript be sent electronically if the other institution participates in the electronic transfer program.