E-Learning Services is pleased to recognize the faculty and staff members who completed the Canvas Certification Course during the month of May.
This Professional Development Session allowed participants to gain an introduction to and experience using Canvas, the USF Learning Management system. The session was 2 weeks in length and was administered completely online. Congratulations to the following individuals for successful completion of this rigorous professional development course!
Jonilda Bahja, Faculty: Information Technology
Dr. Ekaterina Berezina, Faculty: Hospitality Management
Jamey Darnell, Faculty: Management
Dr. Jessica Grosholz, Faculty: Criminology
Shane Hartman, Faculty: Information Technology
Dr. Noel Noel, Faculty: Marketing
Dr. Robert Philen, Faculty: Arts and Sciences
Dr. Bledar Prifti, Faculty: Government & International Studies
Dr. Derrick Saddler, Faculty: Mathematics
Dr. Nathaniel Stahl, Faculty: Mathematics
Dr. Melissa Venable, Faculty: Education
Dr. Richard Warner, Faculty: Mathematics
Anne White, Faculty: Hospitality Management
Dr. Jacqueline M. Williams, Faculty: Education
If you missed this session of the Canvas Certification Course, another session will be offered later this summer: August 8 – 19, 2016 and August 22 – September 2, 2016.
Upon completion, participants in the Canvas Certification Course are able to:
- Use specific tools available through Canvas to create a course shell, upload a syllabus and create a simple module with a content page, assignment, discussion forum and quiz
- Import content via import tools and files uploads.
- Build activities via assignments, discussions and quizzes.
- Set up assignments and the course gradebook
- Modify the home page and course navigation for a course shell
- Discuss ways that the tools described in this course could support student success and student engagement in their course.
- Describe support available through the USFSM library and E-Learning departments
USF Sarasota-Manatee offers professional development opportunities to faculty and staff free of charge. Take a look at all of the Professional Development opportunities and sign up for one that is of interest to you!