E-Learning Services is pleased to recognize the faculty and staff members who completed the Canvas Certification Course during the month of May.
This Professional Development Session allowed participants to gain an introduction to and experience using Canvas, the USF Learning Management system. The session was 2 weeks in length and was administered completely online. Congratulations to the following individuals for successful completion of this rigorous professional development course!
Dr. Denise Davis-Cotton, Director: Center for PAINT
Nicola Erdsack, Faculty: College of Science and Mathematics
Dr. Terry Osborn, Faculty: College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
Brian Turnbull, Faculty: College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
Register for an Upcoming Session
If you missed this session of the Canvas Certification Course, another session will be offered Aug 6 – 17, 2018
Upon completion, participants in the Canvas Certification Course are able to:
- Use specific tools available through Canvas to create a course shell, upload a syllabus and create a simple module with a content page, assignment, discussion forum and quiz
- Import content via import tools and files uploads.
- Build activities via assignments, discussions and quizzes.
- Set up assignments and the course gradebook
- Modify the home page and course navigation for a course shell
- Discuss ways that the tools described in this course could support student success and student engagement in their course.
- Describe support available through the USFSM library and E-Learning departments
- Recognize the foundational concepts of Quality Matters (QM)
- Identify the critical elements of the QM quality assurance program, including the QM Rubric, materials, and the course review process.
USF Sarasota-Manatee offers professional development opportunities to faculty and staff free of charge. Take a look at all of the Professional Development opportunities and sign up for one that is of interest to you!