What is Handshake?
Handshake is the one-stop online career management system for students of the University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee.
In addition to being the place where you can search and apply for internships, part-time, and full-time jobs, you can also use Handshake to:
- Upload a resume and complete your online career profile
- Allow your online career profile and resume to be viewable by employers
- Schedule and keep track of your appointments with Career Services in one location
- View and sign-up for local and on-campus career events
- Research contact information for local and national employers
- Search for and apply to open positions
Who is eligible to use Handshake?
- Only current USF Sarasota-Manatee students and alumni can access Handshake
- USF students from the St. Petersburg and Tampa campuses must gain access to Handshake via their home campus.
USF Sarasota-Manatee Students
- All active USF Sarasota-Manatee students have an account created for them at the start of their first semester.
- To access your account for the first time, go to usfsm.joinhandshake.com. All students must use their full mail.usf.edu email to sign-in.
- Review the How do I sign-up for Handshake: https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/218693378-How-do-I-sign-up-for-Handshake-
USF St. Petersburg and USF Tampa Students
- Because all USF campuses are using Handshake, students can only access their home campus’ system. Please contact your respective Career Services office to gain access.
Call: (813) 974-2171
Visit: SVC 2088
FOR USF Sarasota-Manatee Alumni
- All USF Sarasota-Manatee graduates have free, lifetime access to Handshake. Additional services are available to alumni and some may have a nominal fee associated with them. Please visit the Alumni section of our website for more details.
- If you do not already have a Handshake account, please DO NOT create one. You will not be synced to USF and will be unable to see and apply for jobs. Instead, please email CareerServices@usf.edu with the following information:
- Your First and Last Name
- Your USF Email Address
- Your U#
- The semester and year in which you graduated