USF Sarasota-Manatee prepares, on an annual basis as determined by the Florida Board of Governors, a Five-Year Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) and Legislative Budget Request to request State funding for campus-wide facilities and infrastructure based upon the Strategic Plan adopted by the USF Sarasota-Manatee Campus Board in support of the USF System Strategic Plan and Florida Board of Governors Strategic Plan Goals and Objectives. The USF Sarasota-Manatee CIP as adopted by the USF Sarasota-Manatee Campus Board is submitted to the USF System Board of Trustees, where the requested projects are prioritized with other projects within the USF system and submitted to the Florida Board of Governors.
For the 2014-2015 through 2018-2019 CIP, USF Sarasota-Manatee requested the following projects, presented in prioritized order. The priority for each USF Sarasota-Manatee request as assigned by the USF System is indicated in parentheses.
1. Utilities/Infrastructure/Capital Renewal/Roofing (3)
2. South Parcel 1 Renovations/Redevelopment (9)
3. Academic Facility II (22)
4. Acquisition and Renovation of Airport Inn Property (27)
5. Acquisition and Renovation of Out Parcels (28)